Monday, February 11, 2008

Caleb's battle with cancer - update


Caleb, who had been doing so well since his lymphsarcoma was diagnosed two months ago, is not feeling well tonight. The lymph nodes, which had shrunk to normal size with the prednisone treatment, are suddenly swollen again - at least, the ones at the back of his legs are. He is tired, he is uncomfortable, and although he still ate his dinner with gusto, he turned down the opportunity to come outside with me to feed the pigs, and for the first time he refused to drink his Essiac tea even with chicken broth added. His breathing is laboured, his chest sounds rattle-y.

Last week his prednisone was dropped to once every other day. I shall return it to once a day immediately. If he continues to do poorly tomorrow, I'll get him into my regular vet (though he had a checkup just ten days ago); he does have an appointment with the holistic vet for next Monday.

I hope this is just a little setback and not the beginning of the end. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh no Jean! I hope that returning to the higher dose of prednisone does the trick. Poor Caleb. I hate that he's not feeling well.

Jack and I are sending all kinds of those potent ODO vibes for Caleb to feel better and for you to see the right path to take with him. I hope one of your vets has some good advice for you.

-- Sherri

Anonymous said...

Positive thoughts and prayers for Caleb being sent your way!

Susan from Chicago

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean, I'm so sorry to hear about Caleb. Wish you both the best at Caleb's next vet visit.

Lou, Abbotsford