Monday, February 18, 2008

The morning walk

My pasture ends in a rise of land backed by a grove of trees. Last year I placed a bench there, and the dogs and I frequently watch the sunrise from that spot and enjoy the beauty of the mountains and the valley, listen to the wake-up calls of birds and occasionally sight coyotes or bear. It is one of my favourite places to centre myself and prepare for the day.

This morning, a beautiful, crisp spring day, Belle's arthritis and Caleb's ever-weakening condition could not deter them from joining Charley and me on our morning walk. At the top of the rise, Caleb and Belle were ready for a long rest, and so we sat for an hour, watching the world awaken and Charley explore her domain.

Charley surveying her world

Contemplating life

A rest on the hill

Belle in grass

Caleb and Belle

Caleb and Charley

Catching some rays

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love "contemplating life". What a lovely photo. If I didn't know better, I would never guess that Caleb isn't well, he looks very much at peace with his world.

Sharon

Sherri said...

Beautiful pictures Jean! It's those regular, every day beautiful moments that really count, isn't it? What a wonderful way to start the day.

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW, what beautiful pictures!! I loved seeing them--they really brightened my day.

You're surrounded with so much love, Jean, because you give so much.

Nana & MP

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful spot to start you day with. Caleb, Belle and Charley seem to be enjoying the peace scene as well

Else.