Thursday, March 20, 2008

Charley and Sadie Part 2

The post below is my first attempt at posting a video on this blog. I wasn't able to upload from my computer for some reason, so did it via photobucket. I would appreciate knowing if anyone is unable to view it. (I wasn't able to add words to the post without losing the video - I am on a steep learning curve here!)

It is heartwarming to see my Charley-girl play like this. She is almost eleven; Sadie (with the red bandage on her foot - she has an owie) is about 8 or 9; and little Ms. Referee Belle is 12 - there is life in the old girls yet!

What really touches me is that this is the first time I have ever seen Charley really play! Although she was raised with a dog just slightly older than her, and later joined by the young pup Emma, she never played with them. She did play-bow to my Caleb and to Isaac (a former foster), but only in their last few days of life when they were too tired to respond. So this is very exciting to me.

I guess she has been waiting all her life for a sister the same breed as she is. If there was any doubt that I would fail fostering and end up adopting Sadie, this seals the deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video is terrific! Cahrley looks like she is teaching Sadie to play! Such fun!

Susan from Chicago