Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Piggies are Country & Western fans!!!

My neighbours are hosting a wedding on their property, and the area where the live band is set up is just adjacent to the pig yard, seperated only by a panhandle driveway lined with several feet of broad leafed bamboo.

It is almost dark, so I went outside to shut the pigs in the barn as usual. By this time of night, they have customarily put themselves to bed in their straw-filled stalls and barely acknowledge my soft "goodnight".

But not tonight. As I approached the gate at the top of the pigyard, I saw not one, not two, but twelve pigs out in the yard, rockin' and rollin' and swaying' to the country and western music, twelve tails swinging high to the left and the right. I swear their wiggy-waggy tails were wagging in time to the music, like twelve skinny metronomes pinned onto twelve tubby bodies.

Piggy line dancing. All they need is cowboy hats, bandanas and boots.

I need a video camera that films in the dark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He He that is so funny. I guess you better start playing music for them.LOL

Else