Saturday, November 22, 2008

Extreme Makeover - Piggy Edition (Update)

It is one week since I posted about the desperate need for a piggy house and yard to accommodate Penny the Pig aka Carport Penny. I asked readers of my blog to donate, and bloggers reading my blog to copy or link the entry to their blog and ask their readers to donate also – a blog fundraiser for a very special piggy.

I set a goal of $1500 to cover materials and labour for a piggy house and yard, and I set a month to reach that goal. I promised to report each Saturday. And so, dear readers, here is the first report of our progress.

In just seven days we have raised (through received donations and pledges that are in the mail) :

DRUM ROLL PLEASE……

$993.00

That is 66% OF OUR GOAL!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!

If you have been thinking of donating and not yet done so, please take a moment to go to the Hearts on Noses website and click on the “click to donate” button. Alternatively, you will see I have added an email contact on the side of my blog, where you can email me for the Hearts on Noses snail mail address or further information.

Remember – every dollar helps:
Five dollars will buy a fence post or two 2x4s.
Ten dollars will buy a bag of Rapid Post for setting the fenceposts.
Twenty dollars will buy an hour's labour from someone with basic construction skills.
Thirty dollars will buy three bales of straw to keep Penny warm
Fifty dollars will buy a roll of fencing wire

Bloggers, please feel free to link this to your blog and/or copy this or the original post if you have not done so.

Let's reach that goal and get Penny warm and comfy for the winter!

2 comments:

Janice Gillett said...

This is all so amazing, thank you everyone so much!!!

I am feeling very Blessed here with all the help sourrounding the pigs here. I am for sure walking a ton lighter these days.

Penny is all covered up snug as a bug right now. She is such a good good pig!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that Penny is snug and warm.
Else