Friday, August 14, 2009

The week in review

I haven't had my camera with me as much this week, though I did take a funny video of Allie balancing precariously on the top of a door - two paws on the top of the door, two on the top of the door frame, as the door slowly swung open. Unfortunately, in the business of transferring materials from one computer to a another, I seem to have lost or deleted it. Darn!

The new couch was finally delivered and before I could even remove the tags, Sadie gave it four paws up, the Canine Bark of Approval.



Allie also gave it four paws up. Unfortunately her paws had claws extended as she practiced her yoga stretches on the most accessible corner. She felt it should become the next Ratty Chair, so it now has double-sided tape all around the corners to dissuade her from using it as a scratching post. She is reconsidering the couch's function, and seems to have agreed that it is better for sleeping on than ripping apart.



The new computer is finally fully operational, thanks to my friend Chris and computer guru Andre - everything is safely saved or transferred (except that one video, which disappeared into cyberspace), and my wireless router means I can now take my computer anywhere in the house. Of course, no matter where I go, Allie promptly plonks herself between me and the screen - what is it about cats and computers???



(By the way, you can blame Chris for the lack of blog entries this week - she put a bunch of games on the new computer for me and...well.....can we say A D D I C T I N G? )

Sadie, Charley and I did go on the Wednesday Walk - six people, sixteen dogs this week. We went to Swallowfield again - it is so beautiful there, with the view over the estuary and the lovely clear pools of water.

Karen tossed treats in the water:


( I love Dolly's ears in the forefront of this picture!)



You get it! No, you get it! (Photo by Mary - thanks!)

Drew just wants to swim, swim, swim! :

Ker-splash!

River dog rising (Photo by Mary)

Drew doing the butterfly stroke?


Vimy agrees the water is nice, but a quick dip is enough for him:

Ha ha ha! That felt good!

And Charley and Pearl think water play is just plain silly:

What ARE they thinking?

They're just plain silly!

Quinn and Vimy take a break and retreat up the hill a bit to watch the action :



Then Dolly checks Vimy's dental hygiene:


Vimy! Your breath is baaaaaad! (Photo by Mary)


And to end the week, Charley and Sadie and I had a lovely evening walk just as dusk was falling:






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely photos, as usual. Glad you're back up and running. And no longer couchless (but hopefully scrathing-post-less!).

Love the sequence with Drew! And agin awed by Pearl's elegance. A good friend has always had Scottich deerhounds, which are similar build, but with a wire-haired coat--Pearl's silk is SOOOO luxurious!

EvenSong said...

Sorry about the last comment--it came under my hubby's ID --but he likes the Drew sequence, too.

Jean said...

Ha ha - EvenSong - and here I thought a new reader was commenting!!!

Chris said...

Not my fault you can't tear yourself away from computer games! I thought you had more will power than that ;-)
Glad you got the computer up and going! Great pics as usual!

Colleen said...

Allie is beautiful!That sofa is sooo her! hehehe!

Black Jack's Carol said...

I'm so glad the critters approve of the new couch:)

Computer games, huh? Well, you do have to make sure the new computer is functioning correctly. And, as long as you don't slow down the blogging toooo much, I guess you have earned some time indulging harmless addictions.