Monday, April 5, 2010

Reflections

I was sorting through some of my local images for a project, and couldn't help but notice how many of my favourites involve reflections in water. There is something very captivating about seeing boats or fall trees or ducks or sunsets reversed and expanded through the magic of light and water. Here's just a sampling of some of the scenes that caught this nature-lover's eye the past few months: (You can click on any image to enlarge it, then hit the back browser to return to the blog).













4 comments:

EvenSong said...

A lovely assortment of reflected images. Especially like the ones where one can't tell where reality ends and reflection begins...

Jim Cook said...

Jean your pictures look so nice I want to sell my house in the big smoke Vancouver and move to Crofton! I especially liked the first picture of the dock and the last one with the fish boat selling tuna.

Jean said...

Jim, real estate prices are great over here.....and I hear you have retired, so why not??? Get my number from Ellen if you want to come have a look-see - I have a spare room you can use (or can recommend a couple of places to stay if you prefer) and a brand new van to chauffeur you around in. Dogs are welcome to come to.

Penelope Notes said...

Just dropped by from Carol’s blog to see your reflection photos. They are lovely, indeed. I, too, am fascinated by reflections, especially in water. I like the fluidity that water-mirrors bring to solid objects, creating new and beautiful patterns.