Friday, May 28, 2010

If you live on the island.....

You won't want to miss this weekend's HUGE garage sale at the Cowichan and District (Duncan) SPCA, at 7550 Bell McKinnon Rd. Saturday's hours are 8:30 - 3:00, and Sunday is 9:00 - approximately 3:00.

This is a major fundraising event put on by volunteers. Last year's sale netted over $12,000 and we fully expect to top that this year. Everything is sorted, priced, clean, and organized. Imagine: three 10x20, two 12x20, and ten 10x10 market tents full, plus two 10x10 dog pen rooms plus a 10x30 foot trailer all full of great things that you can't live without, plus tons of garden stuff and furniture as well. We have books, kitchen stuff, furniture, toys and games, sports, tools, garden, collectibles, jewellry, purses and shoes, miscellaneous. Regular clothing is $3 for all you can fit in a bag! Some fine quality clothing individually priced. All this and Bob's Famous Burgers, too.

Come early, stay late .....bring money (though I understand we are able to accept debit and credit cards too).

And don't forget to say hi to me - I'll be one of the people wearing a safety vest and pointing my camera at everyone. Oh....and with sore feet and bags under my eyes.

I hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Black Jack's Carol said...

I hope all worked out well, Jean, and that the weather was better on Saturday in your neck of the woods than it was here. You sure have my admiration for all the work you do to make animals' lives better!