Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Still here, just neglecting the blog

I can't believe it's been six days since I last blogged. And my brain is on 'pause' tonight so no great epic novels or photographic essays are forthcoming.
On a whim, I decided to enter some of my photos in the Cowichan Exhibition. Selecting my five photos to submit, with no more than two in any one category, and getting them enlarged and prepared for submission took far more time, money and patience than I anticipated. I shall keep you in suspense about which ones I entered. There's a lot of great photographers on the island, so I'll be surprised and delighted if even one of mine wins any sort of ribbon. The fun is in the entering - being part of a community event and seeing one's work displayed for others to view.

This is the first time I've entered my photos in anything, and the first time I've entered anything in a fall fair. The Cowichan Exhibition is in its 143 year - its history is one of the longest in the province. I attended last year with a friend, and had a great time. It runs this coming weekend, and you can bet I'll be there again.

Meanwhile, the dogs are doing okay --Charley is much improved, Sadie is unexplainably losing big patches of fur (not like blowing her coat, more like an allergy complete with endless scratching for which she is now on benedryl and doing better), and Pepper is finally gaining weight. The days have been hot, hot, hot (which I very much dislike) but the saving grace has been the cooler mornings and evenings which is when I walk the dogs, water the flowers, do any unavoidable housework, and ignore the long column of emails waiting for responses. Mostly, I just sit in front of a fan and read. I am decidedly lazy these days. Maybe tomorrow I'll think of something to write. Or not.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We wuz wundrin'.

:-)

Jen said...

It's been HOT here too- so hot all I manage to do is sit and read or watch TV myself. It's not so bad!

Glad to hear the dogs are fairing well and can't wait to hear what you entered in the exhibition (and how you did!)

Have a happy week!
Jen and the Black Dog Crew

Unknown said...

Good luck with you photos! We have had good luck with our "allergy dog" using benadryl & products from Happy Tails Spa; all natural & helps with the itching.

EvenSong said...

Glad to hear that all is well. I, too, may be getting scarce in my posts--but my reason is much less creative than yours: school starts today! >:(
Good luck in the exhibition! I think you may be surprised by your success...

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the exibition Jean.
I'm going to try and make it this year.

Else