Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Kiss Goodbye

Draeanne gives Bonnie a kiss
November 29, 2013

It is with great sadness that I write this post.  Draeanne, the elder of Bonnie's two wolfhounds, unexpectedly passed away on Friday, the result of  a tumor that was silently lurking inside.

On Christmas Day, she had a little episode that was easily mistaken for indigestion or even anxiety due to the excitement of visiting dogs.  She seemed to recover just fine, but the next day had a recurrance which knocked her for a loop and signalled something was seriously wrong.  A trip to the vet located a large tumour for which there was no viable treatment and which had become critical.  Bonnie made the very difficult decision to help her to pass.

I first met Draeanne back in 2009, when she was one of a trio of wolfhounds who shared their lives with Bonnie and Bob.  Blue and Mara, the other two of that trio, passed away a couple of years ago.  Last year, Bob and Bonnie brought Keaghan into their circle, and he and Draeanne became great friends.

Keaghan, Draeanne and Bonnie lost Bob to a heart attack suddenly this fall, and my heart goes out to my friend whose world has been shattered again so soon.

Hugs, my friend.  I am so very sorry for yet another loss in your life.


1 comment:

CarolineA said...

My heart goes out to Bonnie though I only know her through your stories and pictures.
Please give her a hug from me