Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Deck the dog..and the dog...and the dog...and the dog

A few days ago, I was reading one of my very favourite blogs in the whole wide cyberworld, The 7MSN Ranch, , when I just had to call the dogs in to look at something.

Me:  Hey, guys! Come here!  Look at this!

Dogs:  Whatd'ya want?

Me:    Smooch, the dog on 7 MSN blog, is all dressed up as a Christmas Tree!  See, here - this post called Deck the Dog!  Now doesn't that look like fun?

Riley:  Run, everyone one, run!
Head for the hills!  Or at least the back yard!

Me:  Aw c'mon.  Let's have a bit of fun.  The blog readers would enjoy it!  Now, what would you like to dress up as?

Shiloh:  I thought costumes were for Hallowe'en, not Christmas!

Me:  Aw c'mon.  P l e a s e?????  Eddie, you're a Shetland Sheepdog - maybe you could be a shepherd!

Eddie:  Last year I was one of those wiseguys.  The kings.  
Y'know, the ones with the presents!

Me:  You mean one of the three wisemen.  Or, in your case, wisedogs.  And they brought  gold, myrrh and frankincense.

Eddie:  Frankenstein and murrs?  What'er them?

Me:  That's frankincense, Eddie.  And myrrh and frankincense are aromatic resins from plants - they were thought to have special healing qualities.

Eddie:  Okay, I got it......I needs gold and smelly stuff.



Eddie:  I hazza gold piggy and sum perfumes.  Wud that do?  


Me:  You make a fine wiseass wiseman wise dog, Eddie.
        Shiloh, what about you?  You're also a Shetland Sheepdog. Do you want to be a shepherd?

Shiloh:  Well, I s'pose I cud be a shepherd.
I'z got a sheep.
But.................


But I'd rather be SANTA!


Allie:  Yeah, well hurry up and fill my stocking, Santa Shiloh!


Shiloh:  I make a great Santa!  My ruff even looks like his beard.
But I need a reindeer!


Riley:  I suppose that would be me.
Riley Reindeer, reporting for duty.

Me:  Hmmm, one dog left.  And I have the perfect costume for Mitzi.  No doubt about it...

[Scroll down]
|
V

|
V


|
V


|
V

|
V



Mitzi is an ANGEL !!!



Eddie:  Bet the readers didn't see that one coming!  Heheheheh!


5 comments:

EvenSong said...

I hope you let Carson and Smooch what they've inspired.
'Cause this post was truly inspired!

Marie said...

Oh, Jean, you and your friends do have such fun - I really enjoyed this post and the pictures. The friends don't look too happy though, what's up with that? LOL

Caroline A said...

ROFL

Sheryl said...

Very creative! And entertaining!

Anonymous said...

Jean you outdid yourself with that post and the costume. Love it!!!

Else